The REAL YOU: How parents can help their teenagers develop authenticity with Sarah Anderson
Dr. Dan welcomes Sarah Andersen a personal development coach and founder of The Real Girl Lifestyle. Sarah is also the Director of The GRACED BY GRIT foundation which provides opportunities for girls to discover and develop their GRIT through empowerment events and a student-athlete scholarship fund.
Sarah Andersen is a Certified Personal Development and Life Coach for Teen Girls and Young Women. She lives in San Diego, California and coaches girls all over the country.
Sarah focuses on teen girls and young women however her advice on today’s episode is for all teens and is filled with empowering messages.
Sarah works one-one-one, leads small groups, and speaks nationally about girl empowerment. In her coaching sessions, Sarah focuses on developing the teens’ strengths and using creative tools and strategies to help them face challenges and obstacles with confidence.
Today’s podcast discussion includes these topics and questions:
- How would you define authenticity?
- Why is it so important for teenagers to develop authenticity?
- With a culture that values perfection and success more than anything else it can be difficult to show our true colors, what are some ways parents can help their teens understand this?
- How can parents themselves model what living authentically looks like?
- Tell us about the 3 I’s that you believe are contributing factors to a teenager’s journey of authenticity.
- How does the fear of rejection influence and impact being our real selves?
- What are some of the obstacles that prevent us from being authentic?
Sarah talks about her own parents during her Parent Footprint moment and her personal story links generations of Sarah’s family in what was a big moment of revelation for her and her Dad.
Sarah Anderson is certified through Teen Wisdom Life Coaching, Institute for Integrated Nutrition, and the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute.
For more information about Sarah and her work visit: The REAL Girl Lifestyle .
Watch this free video to learn more about Dr. Dan and Parent Footprint Awareness Training®.